Coca-Cola Europacific Partners
Business Strategy, Sales DevelopmenT & MARKETING EXECUTION
“S2’s knowledge in the drinks sector is second to none. They’ve previously managed our store level customer and prospect database and the insights gained from this key strategic resource helps drive much of our sales and marketing planning and execution. With their data-driven expertise and revolutionary Google-enabled data mapping, reporting and analysis tool, MarketView, S2 has the capacity to offer something unique.”
Associate Director, Coca-Cola Europacific Partners
Coca-Cola Europacific Partners (CCEP) is responsible for manufacturing, selling and distributing over 80 different soft drinks products across the UK. With a portfolio including Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero Sugar, Schweppes, Fanta, Lilt, Sprite, Oasis, Innocent, Powerade, Dr Pepper, Relentless, Abbey Well, Appletise, Monster and a range of other major international brands, Coca-Cola is the world’s most successful soft drinks company.
CCEP is one of S2’s long-standing and most valued clients. Like many large organisations, Coke did not suffer from a lack of data, but from the intelligent use of this data to drive company development.
The aim was to produce a fully operational, single customer view, customer database that enabled world class, store level execution. This involved building a complete universe of outlets that either currently sell or have the potential to sell soft drinks.
The simple mantra of getting Coke’s products into the hands of the right people, via the right outlets, in the right locations was essential in driving a return on Coke’s marketing spend.
To achieve this objective, it was vital to have an understanding of the dynamics of the total marketplace. By combining Coca-Cola’s (and their retail customers) own sales and volume data with external consumer, workplace, competitor and retail geo-demographics; cross-channel marketing activity can be strategically planned and then implemented at a highly targeted, localised level.
Our Approach To This Challenge
To develop the outlet database, we took Coke’s UK store level customer database files from multiple sources then cleansed and enhanced with industry type, employee size and employee mix to create a single customer view database. S2 then profiled this database to establish universe of net new prospects that matched the characteristics of Coke’s existing customers. This was followed by the purchase of additional prospect records which were merged with the existing database.
Using S2’s Google enabled data mapping and reporting software, MarketView, and blending in external consumer geodems, lifestyle and behavioural data, workplace data, proximity drivers (eg. places of interest), travel networks and retail data, S2 then segmented over 500,000 outlets into 16 ‘shopper driven’ consumer environments. S2 also worked with Coke to develop a more informed ‘Push and Pull’ strategy designed to drive traffic into retail outlets.
As a result of combining internal facts on outlets, (eg. EPOS sales), with what we know of the external environment, Coke now has a much broader strategic perspective on its business and the opportunities open to it. Whether you are a major FMCG brand or retailer, the same rules apply and the same questions need to be answered:
− Who are our best customers?
− Where are our competitors?
− What is our brand strategy?
− Why are sales so poor in these outlets?
− What products should we stock?
− How do we price our range?
− How do we segment our estate?
The solutions to these problems are as complex as they are varied.
Major brands and retailers are becoming increasingly aware that a better understanding of consumers is not just about where people live. It’s also about where people work, how they travel, where they socialize, their affluence, lifestyles, ethnicity, spending habits and environments in which they choose to shop. Location is a key driver of this process.
If you are a retailer, it’s just as important to know the daytime workplace population and nature of business activity as it is to understand the consumer geo-demographics.
If you are an FMCG company, it is vital to match your brand criteria to the underlying consumer geo-demographics as well as being able to identify the best retailers in the right locations to distribute your products.
S2 has worked on over 200 ‘data driven’ projects for Coca-Cola including:
- CCEP’s sales territory and call optimisation for CCEP’s entire UK Field Sales Team. – View Case Study
- Domino’s Incidence Payment & Incentive Campaign – View Case Study
- Coca-Cola Freestyle Online Survey – View Case Study
- Coca-Cola Zero Sugar Market Research, Category Management & Location Activation – View Case Study
- Coca-Cola Freestyle Customer Insight, Store Segmentation & Location Planning – View Case Study
- Coca-Cola Europacific Partners Hotel Fieldwork Research – View Case Study
- Coca-Cola Europacific Partners & Domino’s -Online Survey – View Case Study
- Coca-Cola Europacific Partners – Quick Service Restaurant Desk Research – View Case Study
- Coke Freestyle launch strategy and creative web development. – View Case Study
- Segmentation of all customer and prospect outlets into 16 ‘consumer driven’ environments.
- Powerade Customer Profiling, Brand Awareness & Activation Campaign – View Case Study
- Monster Energy Online Consumer Survey Case Study – View Case Study
- Glaceau Vitamin Water new product launch. – View Case Study
- Monster Energy Customer Insight, store location strategy, shopper insight, sales territory planning, sales activation campaign – View Case Study
- Relentless Energy Customer Profiling, Store Location Strategy & Sampling, Brand Awareness campaign – View Case Study
- Shopper insight, marketing strategy and implementation.
- Category planning, range and POS strategy.
- Store segmentation and customer profiling of key partner estates.
- Product sampling and location planning for Powerade, Relentless.
- Direct store and route to market planning.
- Strategic planning for On-Premise, Licensed, Leisure, Food Services and Cold channels.
- Key customer new business wins and retention planning.
- Equipment launch strategies.
- Key customers’ brand profiling and activation for Coke Zero, Diet Coke and Oasis.
- Event planning (eg. Olympic Torch Route or World Cup).
INTERESTED? AWESOME! LET'S GRAB A COFFEE
Fill in the details below and we'll call you back.