The challenge for consumer brands and retailers is to be able to understand the rapidly changing buying habits of promiscuous shoppers and consumers in order to determine which categories to invest in, and to help define a category management vision fit for the future.
Category management is a structured and data rich process that provides a framework for brand owners and retailers to jointly increase profitability and better meet the needs of the consumers that shop the category.
The workshop objectives are designed to provide category management and marketers with the tools to identify how to increase retailer opportunities, increase product share within category and encourage brand loyalty.
What Will Be Covered
Using anonymised case study examples of our recent work for major consumer brands and retailers, the workshop will explore category management processes that are at the forefront of future trade partnerships:
- How to fulfil the needs of retailers and their shoppers by understanding how best to collaborate to range products based on the consumer need that they meet
- Engaging consumer brands and retailers with advanced added value methodologies that will rejuvenate your strategies and develop win-win partnerships.
- Navigating the ever-changing shopper and consumer missions and trends for more insightful, data led category management strategies.
- Driving future category growth with insights into retailer expectations and shopper behaviours for profitable category management.
- Targeting shoppers with innovative promotion, occasion and pairing concepts that will see your product in prime shelf space and your consumers trading up by increasing basket spend.
- Exploring how shopper attitudes and actions are changing as well as how to adapt these learnings to your category approach.
Who Should Attend
- Product Managers/Directors
Sharing of brand specialist knowledge on consumer and shopper occasions is of high value to retailers which, when communicated well, can ensure brand owners and retailer’s products are merchandised, positioned and promoted in the best way in-store.
Data and analytical insights must deliver overall category growth and have a positive impact on consumer and shopper satisfaction – this is what is at the heart of the workshop day.
Price: From £4,495
Workshop will run from 10am – 4pm.
Location: either client site or Serendipity2’s Leamington Spa office. The workshop location site will provide refreshments and audio visual equipment.
The number of attendees is unlimited.